Chapter three: Turning connection into Compatriots.
- The only way to get anyone to do anything is to recognize their importance and thereby make them feel important. That's everyone's desire.
- In your initial conversation with someone, find out what motivates them and follow up from there.
- 80 % of building and maintianing relationships is just staying in touch.
- You can be more successful in two months by becoming really interested in other people's success than you can in two years trying to get people interested in your success - Dale Carnegie.
- Learn to become indispensible by start thinking about how to make other people successful, e.g when someone mentions a problem, try to think of solutions.
Chapter four: Trading up and giving back.
- Be interesting.....people tend to hire people they like and they think can make them and their companies successful.
- There is no better way to learn something and become an expert at it than to have to teach it.
- Identify the people in your industy who are successful and try to connect with them.
- Develop a niche. Preferrably an area that is underserved and/or unattended.
- Consider writing articles for your publications.
- There is no substitute for personal initiative
Hope you enjoy the summary. I will be several posts referencing this skill set and I hope I have nudge you in the direction of learing more about it.
Andy G. Rodie