4/30/2009

Rules for success from a motivating taxi driver.

I found this article on www.successmagazine.com by Zig Ziglar and had to share it.

One morning in Houston, Texas, I caught a taxi (to go to a breakfast meeting) and during a short ride I heard one of the finest sales talks on America and free enterprise that I ever heard. The cab driver had been a professional healthcare provider in his native Nigeria, but he preferred living in a free society, with the opportunity to do what he pleased, and so he was very excited about being a cab driver in Houston.

During our conversation my migrant friend quickly turned to motivator, and his enthusiasm led him to give me some rules for success! I offer them here so that you might benefit from them, too.

Pay your bills.
Obey the laws.
Keep your eyes on God. God is in charge.
Run from lazy, crooked people.
Make your workplace your home.
Love and honor your boss.
Keep your promises.
Mind your own business.

I was motivated by the cab driver who was excited about his dream and having the opportunity to live it. He had set his goal long ago. He was living his dream. He wasn’t waiting until he could get into something better; he was performing with the opportunity he had. He was happy with what he had and was enthusiastically giving life his best shot. That, my friend, is marvelous preparation for a better tomorrow!


Best,

Andy Rodie

No comments: